When: Saturday, November 7th, Central Field (east side), Forest Park
- 9:00 am- The Gateway Cupcake 5K Run & Walk
- 11:00 am- The Gateway Mini Cupcake 1 Mile Run
The Gateway Cupcake 5K Run & Walk.
A classic battle between those who eat and those who compete. The Gateway Cup Cake will pit speedy runners against speedy eaters in a battle between foot and mouth. Participants can deduct up to 3 minutes per Cupcake at 5 Cupcake Stations along the race course for a maximum of 15 minutes off of their finishing time.
- Cupcake Stations will be positioned at (roughly)KM 1, KM 2, KM 3, KM 4.5 and just before the Finish Line. Cup Cakes must be consumed at each rest station in the Cupcake Consumption Corral. Failure to keep the Cup Cakes down will result in disqualification and nausea.
- Only one cupcake can be eaten per station. Please use wit and tactics.There will be one types of cupcakes available per Cupcake Station. The ‘Standard’- worth a 3 minute time deduction.
- Hang on to your Cupcake Toppers to recieve the time bonuses- you have to turn them in. Each cupcake will have a “3” cupcake topper. We’ll collect them at the finish line.
- The Overall Gateway Cup Cake 5K winner’s award, The Gateway Cup Cake, will be given to the fastest finisher- real time or Cup Cake adjusted time.
- Top 3 men and women overall in both the Cupcake Adjusted Time Category and Real Time Category will win TBD Amazing Gift Certificates and a signature something Awesome, also TBD.
- Edible Age Group Awards will be given to winners in both the Eater and Competer categories.
- You can enter in one of the following categories:
- Eater- Male Cupcake Eater, Female Cupcake Eater
- Competer- Men Who Runs Past Cupcakes, Women Who Runs Past Cupcakes
Age Groups: (Men and Women): 8-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44,45-49, 50-54,55-59, 60-64,65-69 and 70+
Schwag: All Athletes will receive a category specific (Eater or Competer) amazing event shirt if signed up by 10/19/2015….and… the opportunity to eat a lot of Cupcakes while racing. We only guarantee event shirts to pre-registered athletes. If you miss out on a shirt we will offer a commemorative/collectors pint glass. There will NOT be cupcakes at the Finish Line…so don’t hold back…
Race and Route Information: The Run will take place on the streets of Forest Park by the Jewel Box. All racers will be chip timed by Big River Running Company.
Packet Pickup Locations- You CAN register, if you have not already- Thursday, Friday and Race Day. You can only pick up YOUR race packet. You cannot pick up a bib number for another person.
Fee Schedule for the Gateway Cup Cake.
- $30 Prior to September 1st.
- $35 Prior to November 1st
- $45 After November 1st.
Note: You have to be present to pick up your registration- all athletes have to sign our waiver in person. Parents may sign for their children.
- Thursday and Friday, November 5th and 6th- Pre-Registration and Packet Pick Up at Big Shark Bicycle Company, 6133 Delmar Blvd., St. Louis MO 63112, Thursday 12:30pm-7:00pm. Friday- 10:00am-7:00pm.
- You CAN Pick up your Packet on Race day @registration. We will open at 6:30am. Race Start: 9:00 am. Race Day Registration will be $45 for the Cupcake Run
Timing Provided by Big River Race Management. we guarantee custom drawstring goody bags to the first 1500 participants.
Gateway Cupcake 5k Run & Walk: 9:00 am
Gateway Mini Cupcake 1 Mile Run: 11:00 am
Gateway Cup Cake 5k Run & Walk: $30 prior to 9/1/2015, $35 after 9/1/2015 (advance registration closes on 11/4). Race Day registration is $45
- Gateway Cup Cupcake Run volunteers wanted- Do you like Cupcakes? Want a cool T-Shirt? To Volunteer email email@example.com
Click Below Link to Register
Parking: All participants are encouraged to park in the Upper Muny Parking Lot, overflow parking in the Lower Muny Parking Lot.
- Gateway Cup Cake 5K Run & Walk- Mike Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org