The Gateway Cupcake 5K Run & Walk.
A classic battle between those who eat and those who compete. The Gateway Cup Cake will pit speedy runners against speedy eaters in a battle between foot and mouth. Participants can deduct up to 3 minutes per Cupcake at 5 Cupcake Stations along the race course for a maximum of 15 minutes off of their finishing time.
Cupcakes are provided this year by McArthur’s Bakery. Sinfully good.
- Cupcake Stations will be positioned at (roughly)KM 1, KM 2, KM 3, KM 4.5 and just before the Finish Line. Cup Cakes must be consumed at each rest station in the Cupcake Consumption Corral. Failure to keep the Cup Cakes down will result in disqualification and nausea.
- Only one cupcake can be eaten per station. Please use wit and tactics. Each cupcake is worth a 3 minute time deduction.
- Hang on to your Cupcake Toppers to receive the time bonuses- you have to turn them in. Cupcakes will have a “3” topper. Hang on to your toppers and turn them in at the finish line.
- The Overall Gateway Cup Cake 5K winner’s award, The Gateway Cup Cake, will be given to the fastest finisher- real time or Cup Cake adjusted time.
- Top 3 men and women overall in both the Cupcake Adjusted Time Category and Real Time Category will win Amazing Gourmet Cupcakes.
- Edible Age Group Awards will be given to winners in both the Eater and Competer categories.
- You can enter in one of the following categories:
- Eater- Male Cupcake Eater, Female Cupcake Eater
- Competer- Men Who Runs Past Cupcakes, Women Who Runs Past Cupcakes
Age Groups: (Men and Women): 8-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44,45-49, 50-54,55-59, 60-64,65-69 and 70+
Schwag: All Athletes will receive a category specific (Eater or Competer) amazing event shirt and… the opportunity to eat a lot of Cupcakes while racing. We only guarantee event shirts to pre-registered athletes. We WILL order shirts post event if you do not receive a shirt. There will NOT be cupcakes at the Finish Line…so don’t hold back…
Race and Route Information: The Run will take place on the streets of Forest Park by the Jewel Box. All racers will be chip timed by Big River Running Company.
Packet Pickup Locations- You CAN register, if you have not already- Thursday, Friday and Race Day. You can only pick up YOUR race packet. You cannot pick up a bib number for another person.
Note: Parents may sign for their children.
- Thursday and Friday, November 5th and 6th- Pre-Registration and Packet Pick Up at Big Shark Bicycle Company, 6133 Delmar Blvd., St. Louis MO 63112, Thursday 12:30pm-7:00pm. Friday- 10:00am-7:00pm.
- You CAN Pick up your Packet on Race day @registration. We will open at 6:30am. Race Start: 9:00 am. Race Day Registration will be $45 for the Cupcake Run